Today we had Ms. Gergely, I hope that's spelled right, sit in on our class because Ms. Lord was out sick. I think it was very interesting to see the different ideas that she brings from her WISE class and learn from what they have been struggling with. Because of today part of me wishes that we had more interaction with the other WISE class. I think that if we were able to have some sort of time when both classes could convene that would be awesome. This was also apparent to me when Ms. Gergely recommended that Chelsea talk to one of her students because she thinks that she could really help her. I think that this shows how much could be gained if the new knowledge and even connections of the two classes were pooled together and used. I know that I would love to be able to work in coalition with someone or even share contacts with someone. This would be very helpful in securing some much needed contacts. The WISE program is created so that we go out and create new connections with people in the community but I think it would be awesome if we could build connections with students with similar projects and have that connection assist us in our progress.
In class we also talked about how to get funding for your project. I personally need no money at all but many of the other students who are making things such as jewelery, clothes, and pretty much any finished product are in dire need of funds. I hope that the WISE program's limited amount of funds doesn't hinder their progress.
Finally we did sharing:
Chesna kicked us off by sharing about her cooking project. The things that she has been making sound delicious and really complicated, but mostly delicious. She seemed very happy about her progress as a cook and the way her project is turning out.
Next was Chelsea's jewelry. She passed around this really cool ring that she had made herself and although I couldn't fit it on my stubby little fingers, it looked awesome. I think that when she said that everything takes longer than she thought it would that really struck me. I think that I completely agree with that and know that many other WISE students share my sentiments.
Tomer- Nice Goggles Dude! But he seemed to be happy with his progress too.
Kyle- So Kyle needs actors... But wait haven't I been working on my acting? Could this be my big break that gets me to Hollywood? Probably not but I would still like to be in his movie because it sounds great, filled with suspense, soft drugs, and comedy. What a great combo!
No comments:
Post a Comment